Welcome to Oxford Psych Course
Welcome to the Oxfordpsych Course
Since it’s establishment, the Oxfordpsych Course has helped many psychiatrists prepare for their post graduate clinical exams, focusing on the transferable skills required to both pass exams and to improve clinical practice.
Congratulations to all who have done well in the recent CASC exams - we wish you well in your future careers
In the recent Royal College of Psychiatrist's CASC exams, more than 48% of successful candidates had taken part in Oxfordpsych Course Training in the last 2 years - "I strongly recommend the course to every trainee.... I felt different after the course -more confident, less anxious, in control and skilled. The experience of interacting with the actors and tutors was so valuable and helpful. The team is fantastic and they had a great role in polishing my clinical skills and pointing them in the right direction." Dr Basma Hasan. For further feedback from candidates, please see below
Over the past six years, the Oxfordpsych CASC Course has developed a range of revision options for trainees appearing for the MRCPsych CASC exam. These include individual on-line tutoring, Intensive CASC Communication Skills Training, Mock Exams at the Don Valley Stadium and more recently a brand new comprehensive 3 day Comprehensive CASC Course (including increased practise sessions, rapid revision and mock experience), all of which can help trainees prepare for their clinical exams and improve everyday clinical practice.
Brand new: The Oxfordpsych Comprehensive CASC Course will now be held over 3 days offering a comprehensive training package to help candidates learn the skills and competencies required to perform well in the CASC exam. There is increased opportunity to practise the skills in a large variety of stations with feedback from experienced tutors and actors, rapid revision of the content for key scenario groups and a mock-style experience.
Format of training:
Comprehensive CASC Course - 3 day training in Oxford. Day 1 and 2: skills, competencies, circuits, feedback, principles, extended practise. Day 3: rapid revision of key content of common stations, mock-style experience.
In Dublin we offer the Comprehensive CASC Course as a 2-day training.
You can book for the Comprehensive CASC Course with or without the Rapid Revision and Mock Experience day. Book the 3 day CASC Course Package at a discounted price.
2013 SUMMER TERM COURSE DATES AND COSTS Booking now open
1. 20th - 21st July 2013 - Oxfordpsych Intensive CASC Communication Skills Training - Oxford - 2 days training plus on-line access to materials and videos, printed course booklet and online support until exam date. £695
2. 2nd - 4th August 2013 - Oxfordpsych Comprehensive CASC Course - Oxford - 3 days training plus on-line access to materials and videos, printed course booklet and online support until exam date. £895
3. 4th August 2013 - Oxfordpsych Rapid Revision and Mock Experience - Oxford - 1 day course plus on-line access to materials and videos, printed course booklet, and online support until exam date. £395 (or £895 if booked with Comprehensive CASC Course on 2nd and 3rd August)
4. 9th - 11th August 2013 - Oxfordpsych Comprehensive CASC Course - Oxford - 3 days training plus on-line access to materials and videos, printed course booklet and on-line support until exam date. £895
5. 11th August 2013 - Oxfordpsych Rapid Revision and Mock Experience - Oxford - 1 day course plus on-line access to materials and videos, printed course booklet, and on-line support until your exam date. £395 (or £895 if booked with Comprehensive CASC Course on 9th and 10th August)
6. 17th - 18th August 2013 - Oxfordpsych Comprehensive CASC Course - Dublin - 2 days training plus on-line access to materials and videos, printed course booklet and online support until exam date. £675
7. 31st August and 1st September 2013 - Mock CASC Exams - Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield. 4 Mock Exams in total, available morning and afternoon, both days.
Interactive online sessions:
We are also offering 1:1 online tutoring for candidates interested in practising scenarios online. The online sessions take place in an interactive online environment where you can practice stations with our professional actors and receive instant feedback from the tutors. We use Adobe connect software for the sessions and you can also access a recording of your session immediately afterwards. Each 60-90 mins session with access to your session recording, costs £100.
You can book a session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We also oranise CASC courses in Dublin, Glasgow, Hong Kong, Singapore, Egypt, Malta and Sheffield. Please email email@example.com for more information on our bespoke training.
We have got excellent feedback from all our UK, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Maltese, Indian, Egyptian and Burmese candidates who attended the Oxfordpsych Clinical Skills Training - please see below and also the Blog for their feedback.
"Thank you for all your help with the CASC Examinations! I found out yesterday that I passed 16 out of 16 stations and I could not have done this without your help. As I said at the time I attended your course, it was obvious that every doctor and every actor genuinely wanted to help. The feedback was invaluable because it highlighted my weaknesses. During the CASC examination there were several stations where my mind went blank or when something unexpected occured. At these times, I relied on Oxford Course communication skills. Finally your mock examination was very well organised and the reflections we undertook stayed with me during the rest of my revision." Asha Mashru - UK - September 2012.
"I am writing to thank you because I passed the exam, at the first attempt! Your insights and advice have been very helpful. I'm really grateful for your training which changed my mindset and approach towards the exam, such as focusing on he things I can improve and not in the fact that I'm overseas." Mohamed Morsy - Egypt - September 2012
"I want to share good news with you that I passed CASC exam in September 2012. I passed 13 stations. Thank you and the team very much in guidance, teaching techniques like weaving and helicoptering and constant reminder to be a clinician. This has helped me to improve my skills and this pass the exam. I think I continue to improve the skills I learnt." Suneetha Siddabattuni - UK - September 2012
"I would like to thank you all for the advice and suggestions during the weekend course (18th & 19th August). I just did that course and have passed the CASC in first attempt. I passed 15/16 stations." Soni Jha - UK - September 2012.
We look forward to meeting you!
Our Wide Range Of Courses
"One ship drives east and another drives west
With the selfsame winds that blow.
'Tis the set of the sails,
And not the gales,
That tell us the way to go."
(Ella Wheeler Wilcox)
New! Oxfordpsych Course summer term 2013 - courses now available to book on-line - go to registration page.
New 3-day course option available - greater emphasis on practise and revision...